Friday, January 8, 2010

Marking things off my list

Remember my New Year's accomplishment list? I am happy to say that I can already cross something off.

Learn how to sew

I got a sewing machine from my mother in law not to long ago and I couldn't wait to try it out. It has been in her attic for years, I was wanting to learn to sew so she handed it over and now I have a new jewel. (And it is pink!!)


I was wanting an easy project to start with so I searched the internet and found this pattern. Here is my first project......a crayon roll up.



I found the pattern here and decided that it looked pretty easy as my first project. I didn't do the rick rack on this one but I am still glad the way it turned out and want to add it to my next one. I can't wait to try new patterns and I will post and let you know how they turn out.

1 comment:

The Links said...

That is so cute, that would be a great, cheap, and easy present to make all my students for Christmas. My grandma extra sewing machine at her house. I just need to go over there and get it!!